Saturday, July 26, 2014

New Moon Desires

This new moon tonight is all the rage.  I've been hearing for almost a week how this moon can and will influence your desires.  Maybe help you achieve your goals a little quicker.

I have to admit I've never been one for ritual; let alone a moon phase ritual.  I'm much too lazy to follow rules or a step by step process to honoring the moon so that I can get what I want.  I even have trouble with long drawn out meditations.  I believe this is just the way I am built but every once in a while the hoopla gets to me and I find myself scrambling for a ritual to make sure that I don't miss out on an opportunity to have the Universe hear my desires.

So today I sat down and quickly jotted down my desires for this new moon and then added a list of things I am grateful for in my life.

That's it.  Ritual done.

In my last post I talked about not having dreams.  That hasn't changed.  It probably never will.  I find the same thing is true for desires.  I have a really tough time coming up with a burning desire.  Not because there aren't things I want.  Of course there are things I want.  But the word 'desire' makes me feel like the something I ask for should be something exotic; intimate; divine.  I wouldn't put a new mattress in that category.

What I did write down for my hearts desire was to feel more alive and at peace with who I am and the moments I live in.

The interesting thing for me is that when I write something like that down I instantly realize that all we really need in order to feel more alive is to decide to feel more alive.  The only way to be at peace with who I am is to decide to be at peace with who I am.  No new moon miracles required.  Right?  Well, not exactly.  

What I know about moon phases is that whether you are aware of them or not they are working in your favor.  So that desire to feel more alive can be assisted with a little push from the new moon to release whatever is keeping me from making the decision to feel more alive.

Get it?

It's not that you don't have what you truly desire.  It's that something is in your way so that you can't see it.  So journaling about your desires helps you to align with the new moon so that you can work cohesively instead of being all over the place. 

I don't have any expectations when it comes to what my 'feeling alive' will look like.  It might be more laughter or a lazy day on the deck reading and enjoying the moments that tick by.  Whatever it is will be perfect.  And to the things that I will be releasing in order to feel more alive I say to you 'farewell'....don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)