Saturday, February 23, 2013

My Obsession....

"How you look at things is a choice you make.  It is a Free Will Choice that defines who you are and who you wish to be, and how you wish to experience yourself.  You can change your perspective in any situation by changing your mind about how you want to look at it.  You can decide what you want to see, and then, having placed it there, you will find it there."  ~ Neale Donald Walsch

These statements always make me giggle and shout 'Holy Shit!'

What would your life look like if you took this information on as your foundation?

I know what my life has looked like in the past few years that I've been obsessed with this concept!  It looks like forgiveness, empowerment, trust and wisdom.

It never ceases to amaze me the feeling I get when I read the words "You can decide what you want to see, and then, having placed it there, you will find it there."

Do you know how many people on this planet are suffering from the very idea that they have no control over their life?  I used to be one of those sufferers who played the mantra 'oh whoa is me' in my head day after day, year after year.

To understand and embrace the power behind the knowledge that WE ARE CHOOSING OUR CURRENT REALITY AND WE CAN CHOOSE A VERY DIFFERENT REALITY AT ANY MOMENT is the secret to a life fulfilled.

When we believe that we cannot choose, we believe ultimately that we are victims of a life that doesn't care about us.  This is a lie.

I hated living my life as a victim.  I hated the sadness, the confusion, the consistent fog that I walked around in.

Some might say they don't know how to make a new choice or that there are just too many bad things that have happened in the past for them to believe that a new choice could make any difference.  Some might say that this idea is too 'simple' to be effective.  That I'm crazy.

To those and the many others with all kinds of other arguments I say:  Do It!  Have the courage to laugh at the uncomfortable, love at the unlovable, forgive the unforgivable.

Ask yourself this question:  What do I have to lose?

Then ask yourself this question:  What do I have to gain?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)