Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Good News

Last week I picked up A Course In Miracles from the book store.

I had already read through The Disappearance Of The Universe (deep) and was anxious to sink my teeth into ACIM since the Disappearance book is based largely on it's teachings.

I find I can only really read through about 4 pages in one sitting (plus that gives me time to digest what I've read), so as I am heading off to bed tonight I open it up to where I left off and find this sentence:

"You can make an empty shell, but you cannot express nothing at all.  You can wait, delay, paralyze yourself, or reduce your creativity almost to nothing.  But you cannot abolish it.  You can destroy your medium of communication, but not your potential.  You did not create yourself."

This sentence has got me really excited.

I am trying not to analyze the teachings in ACIM.  I don't want to put my human, screwed up mind guck onto it.  But what I get from this statement is that YOU CANNOT SCREW THIS UP!  You can't.  You can try.  Oh you can really try.  I know I have.  But even when you've made your worst mistakes you are still YOU.  You are still beloved and you are still gifted and you are still a being who deserves the very very very best.

This is very good news....

Let this sentence seep into your psyche, let it melt around you, let it embrace you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)