Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I Almost Killed Someone Today...

I brought pizza sauce to my mentoring this morning and there is an allergy to mushrooms in the building.

The pizza sauce itself didn't have mushrooms (so obviously I thought it was fine to bring) but the factory it was manufactured in has mushrooms within it and the allergy itself is an airborne allergy.

So of course my intention was not to kill anyone with my pizza making idea and why I didn't see the signs posted on the cupboard doors saying 'no pizza within the building' is beyond me and why I even thought of bringing any food in when I knew there was an allergy potential is beyond me! 

It might have been a slim chance that anything would provoke an allergic reaction but provisions were made and the person made the decision to leave the building for the day just in case.

I wanted to throw up!

My stomach turned and I felt ashamed of myself (for the second time in the same amount of days!  WTF!)

Needless to say pizza doesn't taste so good when it could potentially be a murder weapon.

I apologized profusely for my stupid error and for being stupid and for being born!

Stupid, stupid, stupid (hand slapping forehead).

Flowers will be sent to try and apologize for almost killing her.

ACK!

The shame is gagging me.  I am finding I can hardly breathe.  I want to crawl under a rock and die.

The staff were lovely, just lovely.  "It's happened before, it'll happen again" yada yada yada.  But it doesn't matter.  The damage is done.  The little girl inside of me is in the fetal position and I want to yack up my crackers.  My face is eggshell white (moreso than usual!) and I'm having a hard time swallowing.

Shame is yucky!

That's it.  That's all.  Shame is yucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)