Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Power of PMS!

Come on girls. 

We all know that burst of energy you get from PMS that makes you Queen of the World for a day and makes you feel like you can accomplish anything your little heart desires (except fit yourself into your jeans because along with that spurt of energy comes the ever lovely bloating)!

I'm not one to 'track' my cycle (in fact my husband is probably more versed in knowing just when Mother Nature is going to strike!) so this morning when I woke up with a sudden, overwhelming urge to purge a closet I was a little stumped.

I have been telling myself for days that I am not interested in Spring cleaning.  That I will not spend these few beautiful, early spring days cleaning the house and organizing my stuff!  But as I lay in bed, silently waiting for the urge to pass the images of all the stuff I had stuffed into that closet came flooding into my minds eye!  The problem with the 'minds eye' is it doesn't shut off just because you pull the pillow over your face to escape it.

The Universal Law of PMS states that when the moment arises you will have no choice but to slap on the rubber gloves, roll up your sleeves and get down to business!

It's true, I looked it up!

So in less than an hour I had gone through the original closet, the entry closet, my bathroom cupboards, my linen closet and my office.  I had rearranged some furniture and cleaned under my bed (the urge was THATstrong!)  I filled the entire back of my van with bags and boxes to drop off at the second hand store and realized that I have a real shoe addiction that needs to be addressed professionally!

I followed that up with dusting and washing the walls, vacuuming the floors and cleaning the windows (inside only since the thunder was rolling and I didn't want to get electrocuted by lightning for the sake of clean windows).

I didn't get to step into the kids bedrooms though.

What are the odds this PMS power will last a few days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)