Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Top Secret Information Revealed!

How many people do you know think that happiness, success and a life full of bliss are out of their reach and control?

How many of these people believe that the ingredient to having all of these things is top secret and is only revealed to those worthy of the information?

Are you one of these people?

While life has us running around like mice in a science experiment, we are missing the fact that the top secret ingredient we all need to make life much more pleasant is simple and it's right beneath our noses!

While I was on vacation this summer I found my mind wandering on the usual things...  What am I doing here?  What do I want to accomplish with my personal life, my business life?  Who do I think I am?  How can I get more more more! 

I feel out of breath just thinking about these things!

As these thoughts flowed, a message kept popping in...  Well, it was more like a word.

Kindness.

Kindness.  What am I doing here?  Being kind.  What do I want to accomplish?  Be kind.  Who do I think I am?  Kind.  How can I get more?  Be kind.

When I began to answer all the 'pressing' questions that came to my mind with the variations of the word 'kind' I began to see how simple it all is.

Kindness leads to love.  Automatically.  No strings attached, no hard work, no mind numbing palms sweating dedication.  Just a simple act of kindness can pull everyone around you out of a pit of despair.

This is typical 'self help' stuff.  And if you're like me you read 'self help' stuff about kindness and love and peacefulness and you think big (aka the little stuff doesn't matter or you have to be a monk living on the mountain to achieve it), how can I make a 'big' difference?  Then, rather quickly I might add that energy fizzles because either I feel 'too small' or 'too poor' or 'too' something or other and my thoughts of big die just as quickly as they were born.

But kindness is the stuff dreams are made of!  Kindness comes in a beautifully wrapped trinket box, no bigger than your hand (easy to travel with and even easier to give).  And the minute the bow is removed from the lid....

SHAZAM!

Kindness explodes and sparkles of light touch everyone around you!  Kindness turns a miserable day into a bright one.  Kindness can pull someone from the brink of ending their life.  Kindness can give someone the strength they need to take one more step towards freedom!  Kindness can do anything you want it to do.

Don't kid yourself that, that smile you give to the girl that makes your coffee every morning doesn't affect change.  It does!

Don't negate that you holding the door for an elderly person doesn't give them hope.  You may be the only person that has even acknowledged their existence that day!

Don't poo poo a listening ear or a card of appreciation sent in the mail.

All of these things can change a life!  And it will change your life too!


2 comments:

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)