Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Never Alone

I finally had time to take a walk this morning. 

The sun was shining, birds singing, breeze blowing.  Beautiful.

I use my walk time to meditate (yes you can walk AND meditate at the same time, but only if you are talented as me), sometimes I pray, sometimes I allow my mind to go over and over the silly stories it plays.

This morning I was having an inner discussion with myself about a project I'm embarking on.  I really don't know where it is taking me, or even how it is all going to work out.  I'm trying to have as much faith as possible because I know that everything is always the way it needs to be.

Just as I was asking myself (or whomever was listening) a question about which direction to take next I looked down and saw a fluffy white feather sitting in the grass next to the sidewalk.

I looked around to see if there was a bird lying dead somewhere.  Nope.  Just the feather.

Hmph.

I picked it up and started walking again.

I'm a little slow in the mental department sometimes and though I recognized the feather as a symbol of faith my mind still asked it's questions and did it's wondering.

Another feather.

This one a little longer and a little more firm, stronger.

Okay.  Message received.

We are never alone.  This is becoming abundantly clear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)