Friday, April 8, 2011

Power of prayer

A few weeks ago, I prayed to the divine creative power for the strength and courage to live a life of service to the good of this world.

I poured my heart out, affirming my desire to live a life of inspiration to all who cross my path and spend time with me.

I have never prayed for this before.  Never before have I given my heart over and surrendered in order to be a servant to a higher power.

Never before had I prayed with tears streaming down my face.  Never before have I ever wanted something so badly.

Never before have I been willing to let go at such a deep level and completely trust in the process of life and the plan of the divine creator.

As I prayed, I could feel energy flowing out of me, like something was taking on all of the burdens I had placed on myself.  I felt a strong sense of relief.

It didn't take long before I was put in a position to test that prayer and promise. 

Within a couple of days I was guided to make a gesture of trust so grand that I could hardly believe that this was being chosen as my moment to shine.  In this moment I had a choice to make, I could stand back and make every excuse in the book as to why I shouldn't follow that guidance (trust me, there were many), or I could surrender (as I had promised I would) to the will of God and the Universe, trust that all is in divine order and see where that took me.

In the end.  I blindly followed the guidance I was receiving.  I knew there was a higher purpose for it, I could feel that purpose running through my body.  And once accomplished, I felt as if someone was giving me a huge hug as a Thank you.  It made me feel joyful and...dare I say...a little proud of the accomplishment.

Often we pray, and don't always follow through.  Then we are disappointed that our prayers were not answered.

Every prayer is heard and answered.  The issue lies with whether or not you accept what is given to you.  To have complete faith that there is a higher power that hears your prayer and loves you enough to answer it in a way that you will benefit most dramatically from.  If you are willing to pray you have to be willing to trust and follow through with the task that will bring you the most peace.

I do believe I passed this particular test.

Now God knows where my trust lies.  And I recognize the power of prayer.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent point! Often it is our unwillingness to follow through or to recognize the "blessing in disguise" that prompts our whining and complaining that our prayers aren't being heard. Thank you for having the courage to share this intimate experience :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)