Saturday, April 9, 2011

Heaven is for Real....

I love to read.  Unfortunately, I haven't had the time or energy lately to do much of it.

Until the other day when I took a trip to the bookstore to "look around".

I came home with a fabulous book, entitled "Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo.

It's a true story about a little boy who experiences a visit to heaven while in emergency surgery for an appendectomy.

The boy was 3 years old at the time of the surgery and little by little shares his experience with his parents.  His father is a pastor in a small community and his mother is a part time teacher.

In the beginning, he seems to just come up with some small comments that have the parents wondering where on earth the information is coming from.  The father puts it down to the attentive Sunday school teachers. 

Further on, as they begin to question the source of this information a little more, they are hard pressed to discount the information as authentic, as there are things he tells them that just couldn't have come from a Sunday school lesson or church sermon. 

He shares with them the way heaven looks, who is in heaven, what it feels like to be in heaven and in the presence of Jesus.  He even talks about deceased loved ones who welcomed him during his visit.

There are a few parts in the story that really touched me and yesterday had me in tears. 

Tears of joy though!

This book jumped out at me while walking through the book store.  I had never heard of it before (apparently it's been all over the tv, since I don't watch much tv I had no idea it existed) and thought it would be a cute read.

This book has come at a time when I have been wrestling with some guidance about the next steps in my life.  It is confirming for me all that I know in my heart to be true about this life and the life that awaits in "Heaven".

It's no accident that I stumbled upon it.

It's a great and easy read.  Something that can truly change your life if you allow the information into your heart.

I'll be sharing this book with others that I know who are struggling with loss.  This book gives hope to the grieving and those that fear death, that one day we will all meet again in the light and love of our God (or whatever you wish to call the divine creator) and forever be free from the pain and suffering we've endured in this lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)