Saturday, March 5, 2011

Charlie Sheen and Me....

So I have become absolutely obsessed with Charlie Sheen interview videos on the online news channels. 

Which doesn't take much since anyone who knows me knows that I'm totally addicted to YouTube already.

I don't watch news on tv, so when I started hearing about all the Charlie Sheen stuff, I had to look into what all the fuss was about... 

At first I was totally concerned for him...  He seemed a little "unbalanced".

Then the more I just listened to what he was saying, I realized.... "Sh**, he's saying what I WANT to say!"

Charlie Sheen is channeling ME!


In one video he says "I'm tired of pretending like I'm not special. I'm tired of pretending like I'm not a total bitchin' rock star from Mars. ... You can't process me with a normal brain." 

And I can totally relate to what he is saying!!!

Okay, so I'm not sure I would've been creatively brilliant enough to think up "total bitchin' rock star from Mars" but it's pretty close to what the tiny voice inside of my heart wants to say!

The more I thought about how I felt about this particular statement, the more I thought about the service he is doing for all the people in this world that really would like to shout that kind of stuff from the rooftop but are afraid they'll get put in a straight jacket and sent to the "place for special people".  Or at the very worst have their family think they are conceded ;)

Charlie Sheen is a trailblazer people!  He's lighting the way so that we little guys can wake up tomorrow morning and say to the nearest person listening "I am special.  I am WINNING.  Duh?"  And not have to worry a bit about it because we still won't look as crazy as Charlie!

I feel so liberated! 

Amazing!

I'm writing him a Thank you note right now!

5 comments:

  1. You took the words right out of my mouth!!! I've been doing and thinking the very same things... good for Charlie for standing up and speaking out against our society's conformity addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn,
    I have to say, like you I tend to steer clear of the News. SO, when I seen your post I HAD to check out the videos.

    I have to say you have a BIG heart. When first seeing the videos (5 minutes ago) I too am concerned but after seeing where you are coming from I have seen something different.

    Even though he appears to be a little anxious and unhealthy, he does have passion behind his words. I do hope he can channel his anger towards a positive path of becoming who is says he wants to become.

    Even in his darkest moments when everyone seems to be on the other team, Charlie is fighting back. Soon we will see t-shirts stating "totally bitchin' rock star from Mars" LOL...

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, how did that thank you note go? Jenn you ARE a freaking rock star from Mars, even if Charlie does get stuck in a straight jacket...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know his address to send it to him, so I sent him a telepathic message of special thanks instead of a handwritten note :)
    And I need to mention I deleted Mandy's comment because it was a repeat of the message she already left :) I'm not being mean.... really!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)