Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A perfect kind of day

Today has been a GREAT day!

It's the kind of day when your happy to lay your head down on your pillow at bedtime, not because you need to escape from the craziness but because you feel fulfilled at what was accomplished.

For me the day included Reflexology and Reiki with 2 dear friends; finding cheap hockey equipment for my boys on kijiji and taking the boys and the dog for a walk to the beach for some splashing around while the sun slowly disappeared over the horizon.

Perfect.

This is the type of thing I've been noticing lately about life.

Even during our 2 week trip to our cottage I found myself just standing and staring at the beauty of the water and the trees. I would catch myself holding my breath to listen to the loons calling or the mysterious rustling in the leaves. Even the buzzing moose flies were a wonder to me.

Normally I would be busying myself with something the boys needed, or immersed in a book (although I did do alot of reading this trip) drowning out life, but this time was so different. It almost seemed magical.

That feeling of appreciation has carried over into "normal" life since we've been back. Even the gloomiest of situations in our home seem to cast a different light. There seems to be a greater awareness of what is at work underneath the surface.

I'm not quite sure how all of this came to be, I'm not sure if what is happening will be a consistent thing. So, for the time being I will bathe in it, because it is exactly where I want to live every moment of my life. It feels so good....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)