Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ahhhhhh Haaaaaaa!!!!!

This morning on my usual walk with the dog I began my usual round of prayers.

I heard myself ask for grace (again), for patience (again), for help in finding my peace (again).

Then I stopped.

I always ask for these things.  I always ask to be a comfort to someone, or to be a light in someone's world.  Lots of times I ask to be of service to the divine power.

Those prayers have already been answered.  99.9% of the time I am graceful, patient and peaceful.  99.9% of the time I am a comfort and a light in this world.

So, why am I still asking?

I posed this question to the dog as we walked. 

Well, Sundae didn't answer.  But I did hear something.

I pray for these things because I think this is what God wants me to pray for.  I pray for these things because I think that these are the things that will make me more loveable in His eyes.

Ahhhhh Haaaaaa!

Suddenly, my prayers changed.  Suddenly, I could see that I deserved to pray for what I truly needed in that moment.  It wasn't a selfish, entitled feeling.  It was more like a gentle reminder that I could have everything I needed without having to prove myself to anyone or anything in the process.

It feels to me like this is one of those moments that all I have read and all I have learned has suddenly become the living truth within my heart.

What a blessing it is when this happens.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)