Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Procrastination Day

Today was procrastination day.

I didn't do the laundry.  I put off prettying up my garden.  I managed to sneak past the speech I need to write.  I ignored my books.  And refused to make eye contact with the dog hair tumbleweeds that have invaded the house.

Basically, I did nothing.

Basically.

I took a nap on the couch as the raindrops fell on the window.

I listened to some really relaxing music while I stared at the pattern on the cushions.

I watched two episodes of my favorite 'Cupcake Girls'!

I did take a shower.  I didn't fuss with my hair.

I did put on clothes.  I didn't care what I looked like.

It feels like I'm on vacation.  But I'm not.

And as reality starts to rear it's ugly head (the men will be home any minute), I am pleasantly surprised at how well I can procrastinate.

It's an art form really.

And practice makes perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)