Friday, May 11, 2012

Knee Deep

Sometimes you have to do what scares the shit out of you in order to make real changes in your life.

You can quote me on this one.

So many times I have felt a nudge to do something out of the ordinary (strange even) and fought it.

I fight hard too, I put the gloves on, pulled on my shiny fighting shorts and started dancing around the ring.

I like the fight.  It feels productive.  It feels like I'm really doing something good.

But that's the ego's deception.  The ego thinks resistance is productive.  When in reality resistance is the enemy of creativity and abundance.

And sometimes I go into 'I wish I wouldn't have read that book, or listened to that speaker' because that seems to be where the nudge developed from.

If only I could keep my head in the sand, I wouldn't have to change.  I could be blissfully ignorant and pain free!

Nah! That's just more ego games being played in the recesses of my mind.

My truth is that I enjoy the shit.  I enjoy mucking through it with my pretty pink rubber boots.  I love the feeling of elation when I've survived the swamp!  I know I've accomplished something when I can look back on where it all began and see all of the good it has done me.

I find I need to constantly remind myself that what is right for me and good for me isn't going to necessarily be right for someone else.  Where I am ready to make some drastic changes and move forward may not be where everyone else is at.  It's individual.

I remind myself of this when I am being challenged by someone who doesn't understand my desire for change.  I remind myself of this when I am doubting my strength and resolve.  I remind myself of this when I feel like I need to quit.

Don't quit.

Because if you quit, you will find yourself knee deep in shit and if you've gone half way you might as well finish it off instead of wasting your energy going back to where you started.

3 comments:

  1. I knew you had pink boots!! Lol! Mine have bling too. I hate it when the sludge dims the glitter!
    Seriously, your inspiring, and knowing I'm not the only one who feels like this and goes through similar experiences with growth. Thank u for sharing. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Michelle! I have to admit I feel less than inspiring these days :)

      Delete
    2. That's just more ego crap Jenn. You are always inspiring to me.
      Love,
      Rosemary

      Delete

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)