Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Practice What You Preach

It's an old school rule that crossed my mind the other day as I was thinking about a project I had started a while back.

Things weren't flowing, plans kept falling through and just seemed to get stuck every once in a while on the path to bringing the project to fruition.

Then it dawned on me.

Possibly the reason why it wasn't 'going as planned' was because I wasn't living the principles I was wanting to teach; for myself.

Hmmm.  Now there's a novel idea!

How many times have we wanted to bring an idea to life only to find that it's something we don't practice in our own lives.  We aren't practicing what we want to or what we do preach.
Coming to this conclusion gave me the space to step back and take stock of what it was I was trying to accomplish AND ask myself if it can even be accomplished if I'm not wholely integrating these ideals and intentions into my own life.

Often times we have a desire in our heart and we take that out into the world thinking it will be a success when really what is happening is our inner wisdom is trying to get us to implement the idea for OURSELVES.  Because it knows that when we look to ourselves first then the things around us start to change.

The truth?  We can't fake it till we make it.  We have to practice what we preach.  Always.  Or things just won't go as smoothly as they can.

It's like being a sex therapist that's been celebate for fifteen years.

The motivational speaker that's depressed.

Or a personal trainer that rarely works out and eats twinkies in between clients.

You get the picture {smile}.

Where are you not practicing what you preach?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)