Monday, December 26, 2011

Today is a good day....

Today is a good day.

And guess what? 

I didn't have to do a thing to make it so!

It just is.

Isn't that great?

Now let's think about the alternative.

Today is a naturally good day and I could choose to be struggling to make it better than it is.

And in that struggle I would totally lose the sense of natural goodness and instead focus on all that is going wrong in my quest for even more 'good'.

Have you ever found yourself in a struggle to make something 'better than'?

I bet you have.  It happens all the time, it's human nature to assume that if something just naturally is good then if we mix some control and manipulation and struggle into that we'll get something even more spectacular.

Wrong!

If there's anything this past month has taught me is that struggle is fruitless.  It gets you nothing and nowhere.

It's best just to take the day for what it is and smile.  Because good or bad, it's WAY better than what someone else may be experiencing.

And because I'm pretty sure it's a Universal Law that life is just naturally good, all by itself, all the time.  It's the human mind that decides otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)