Thursday, November 24, 2011

I have a virus....cough cough!

Well, not the kind of virus you think I have.  Not a physical body virus but the kind that is even BETTER!  Even more time consuming, energy sucking and frustrating!

A computer virus!

GASP!

If there was ever a day when I wanted to totally revolt from technology today would be that day!

A call into 'AOL' Customer Support had me directly sent to a company who not only did not know how to help me change my email password (my only request btw). But proceeded to tap into my computer to 'help' me find what was wrong with it.

Well, imagine my shock when the tech showed me a screen that stated I had 501 viruses and 62,000 errors!

And why I didn't jump on the $299.99/year subscription to their top notch anti-virus protection program totally baffled her!

This is the point where my intuition started banging on the pots and pans to get my undivided attention. 

I said to the girl "how do I know that screen you just showed me is my computer?  How do I know that isn't the standard screen for the completely clueless so that you can wrangle them into your contract?"

No answer.

The call was redirected to another tech support person who tried the same pitch.

I hung up.

I just spent 3 hours on the phone with Customer Service India and still have yet to get a new AOL password. 

SIGH!

Welcome to the age of technology.

Cough!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)