Thursday, May 5, 2011

Attitude is everything!

I don't care what anyone says.  Attitude is EVERYTHING!

It's your attitude about everything that makes your life exactly what it is right now!

This is true for money, relationships, weight, addictions, career, parenting, etc. etc. etc.

If you have a piss poor attitude, your life is going to be piss poor....  Plain and simple!

This concept hit me big time today as I sat in my financial advisor's office for the (dreaded) annual review of our financial standings.

I used to dread these meetings and avoided them at all costs.  I absolutely love my financial advisor, I just HATED facing our financial situation!

For years hubby and I have struggled financially to make ends meet, let alone be able to squeeze enough money out of our budget for education and retirement funds.  And every meeting we had about our finances just made me feel like we were never going to get anywhere, we were never going to have anything.

We used to fight over money ALL the time!  There was never enough of it for what we wanted and  hubby could never understand why after working so hard all week he couldn't afford simple luxuries (new tools) to help him feel like working hard was worth it.

Today, my experience was totally different.

I'll tell you why.

For the past year I have developed a more positive relationship with my money.

We live on a strict 'cash only' budget and stick to it like glue!

We no longer fight about money.

Instead of looking at our half spent budget money and wishing we had more, we are excited by all the money that is still left over each week!  How can that be, after living for years without a penny to our name?

Let me clarify that our total income has not changed in the past year.

Also, our expenses increased somewhat because we moved into a bigger house with slightly more expensive utility costs.

Technically, we 'should' still be living paycheque to paycheque, fighting over money and feeling like we have nothing and can do nothing.

After revisiting our budget and documenting our cash flow using our current 'cash only' system, we found that we have a whopping $300/month to invest...  To say that I found myself close to tears with joy, is an understatement.  I don't think I've ever hugged my financial advisor so hard!

I found myself so full of gratitude (which feels so much better than a stomach full of rocks!) for what I have, for what we have accomplished financially with the SAME amount of money we've always had.

Let me tell you...  The ONLY thing that has changed about my financial situation is my ATTITUDE!

My attitude change about my finances has completely changed my life.  It has definitely changed my future and the future of my children!

My point is, is you can sit on your couch whining and complaining about what you don't have, or you can get up and be grateful for what you got! 

Doing this can mean the difference between extreme wealth or certain bankruptcy.

It's your choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)