Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What's great about kids....

You know what's great about having kids around?

Their total and complete honesty.

I was reminded of this, as I was getting ready for my day this morning.

I have been invited to spend time with a local mental health group and assist them in making effective vision boards today, so I want to be comfy but not sloppy.

So I stuck on a pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt and asked my 11 year old son if it looked okay (he just happened to be walking by, so I thought I'd get his honest opinion). 

Me:  Hey bud, does this look okay?

Him:  Ya Mom, it looks good.

Me:  Are you sure?  What if I put a long sleeve shirt on under the t-shirt?  (as I make the change)

Him:  I don't know what you're worried about.  You're always worried about how you look and you always look fine.  Who cares what you look like anyway.  I don't care what I look like, I'd probably wear this to a wedding or something like that (as he points to his all time favourite ripped up pants, black Aeropostale t-shirt and brown hoodie).

Me:  You're right, you would wear that to a wedding.  And you'd be the most comfortable person there.

Him:  Yep, so just wear what you want Mom, and look the way you want and be comfortable.

Me:  Okay.  This looks good though right? (now with a long sleeve shirt under my T)

Him:  Yesssss (said in the "oh my God you didn't hear a word I said" tone of voice)

Ahhh, it really is refreshing to have kids around.....

1 comment:

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)