Thursday, March 17, 2011

My name is Jenn....and I'm addicted to food!

Yesterday I chased my oatmeal with a spoonful of chocolate icing.

Then I wondered why my jeans don't fit me.

Yesterday I ate a second piece of my son's birthday cake as a reward for getting outside and taking a walk.

And I wonder why I'm not making any progress in my quest for weight loss.

I drink a green smoothie to start my day, then ignore all common sense and eat 3 oreos.

I hide the "goodies" in my bedroom so my kids don't fill up on sugary treats throughout they day and then find myself digging under my bed for the chocolate granola bars.

I don't discriminate mind you.  It doesn't have to be sugary.  It can be anything edible!

I'm addicted to food.

The good news is (although, maybe this isn't good news at all) that I'm not really craving the sugary stuff.

I just eat it, really without thinking about the consequences.  It's like I am on autopilot, like I'm sleepwalking and waking up when it's too late.  Maybe it's boredom, maybe it's just because I can (I'm the only one who knows where the good stuff is hidden) and because sometimes it feels good just to fill myself with something, anything!

Yet most times it feels really bad.

I need to make some changes and take control of this insanity!

1 comment:

  1. When you don't realize you're eating is the worst. The only thing that has ever worked for me to curb that is to not have it in the house. This is REALLY DIFFICULT with 3 kids and a husband who never remembers to stay away from the crappy food at the store. HE buys it and then leaves it here for me to walk past 45 times a day. Is it any wonder that I cave in?

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)