Monday, January 31, 2011

Just once.....

Last week I was approached to take part as a presenter for a woman's retreat this summer.

I have been wanting to take part as a participant for a couple of years now and for some reason it just didn't work out.  So, when presented with the opportunity to attend as a meditation facilitator you'd think I'd jump at the chance.

You'd think....

I mean what better way to connect with new people who are like minded and create new relationships?!?!  What better way to get my name out to a whole new crowd of people?!?!?!

Oh, I have many excuses for why I did not take this opportunity.  The list is incredibly long!

The real reason I declined to attend as a presenter is because I am totally shit scared of presenting to women who have experienced many meditations already.  I'm feeling intimidated by the line up of amazing women who are also presenting during this weekend...  And I don't think I am worthy of presenting at such an amazing event.

UGH!

Just once I would like to walk up to an opportunity and embrace it completely without my monkey mind stepping in to question my sanity....

Just once I would like to walk past my fear as if it were nothing more than a fly on the wall walking around in circles and grab hold of opportunity like a long lost lover.

Just once I would like to give myself the credit that I deserve for the multi-talented, divinely creative person that I am.

Just once....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)