Sunday, April 4, 2010

A good, good day....

Today was a good, good day.

My Easter began with a kiss from my youngest son. He is 10, he crawled into my bed, leaned over top of me and kissed me on the lips, then he said "Happy Easter, Mama".

Ahhhhh.

There was a time when my Easter mornings were filled with stress. When my children were young I was worried whether or not they would enjoy their Easter treats, whether the house was presentable enough for family, whether dinner would turn out perfectly for my guests.

In fact, any holiday stirred up my need for perfection and I would spend the day worrying instead of enjoying.

I went about Easter a bit differently this year. The kids all received ample amounts of candy and each a new toothbrush, yo-yo and bicycle helmet (our puppy chewed their old ones). Nothing close to the extravaganza of gifts they are used to. And you know what, they have had a grand time practicing their yo-yo skills. Even the teenager got into it!

Today, I realized just how far I have come in my quest to be imperfect. I didn't go overboard and my children were happy with that. I didn't plan a huge Easter dinner and we all enjoyed eachother's company anyway.

I am feeling so blessed to have found life without anxiety, stress and worry. It has been a long road, but a very rewarding one, filled with love.

I truly believe the secret to a happy life is Simplicity. It's the simple things that bring us the most joy in life, the simple things are those things you don't have to fight for, search for and beg for. They are the things that are sitting in front of you now. Not some far out, crazy idea you have of the future, but the golden moment you are holding in your hands, now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)