Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow day love!

Snow days are a gift to hermits like me.

I am a hermit.

I love staying in my pyjamas and housecoat all day long.

I love facebook because it feeds my need to still be in touch with the world without leaving the comfort of my home.

I love when the world stops because there is too much snow on the roads to go anywhere.

I love to sleep in and snuggle under the blankets with my boys when they come to ask if the buses are running.

I love being able to answer "no" to that last question.

I love that we are going to have chicken noodle soup for lunch and hot chocolate with marshmallows when we come in from clearing the sidewalks.

I love that we will snuggle up and watch movies and never ending episodes of Sponge Bob Square Pants.

There is something magical about snow days I think. The unexpectedness of it all, knowing that the day brings with it complete freedom from obligations.

These kinds of days are few and far between for busy families.

Even on holidays that are meant to be relaxing, we stuff them full of things to do to keep us busy. Rarely do we allow ourselves an entire day to rest our minds and bodies.

Yep, snow days are the best! I am in love with snow days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)