Saturday, January 2, 2010

Expand your perception

What if life as you know it was all an illusion?

What do you think would happen?  How do you think you would continue on with that knowledge?  Could it and would it possibly make your life....less stressful.....less tense.....more fun?

I have been challenging my thinking and my beliefs about our "reality" lately and am finding it fascinating at how it has changed my perception of everything around me.  I catch myself laughing hysterically at things that I normally wouldn't laugh at, the absurdity of life itself and how we give so much energy to things that are infinitesimally small in the grand scheme of the Universe.


My awareness of people's emotional intensity has been heightened in this process.  We've all experienced this same intensity and I can certainly relate to the feelings and the after effects of this intensity on our bodies and minds.  But what if the very thing you are giving so much intense energy to isn't real? 

What if the extra slow driver in front of you was just your imagination, an opportunity for you to find the humour in the situation and diffuse your anger?  An opportunity to change the way you react to this inconvenience.

What if your life is just a movie that is playing and you are nothing more than the actor/ress in a leading role?


Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)