Sunday, October 28, 2012

Just To Write

Have you ever journalled just for the sake of journalling?  Maybe you don't feel like you have anything really interesting to write about but there are all kinds of ideas and beliefs running through your head that you just can't keep them contained anymore?

I've been doing a lot of this kind of journalling lately.  It starts off with random thoughts and there's really no rhyme or reason to any of it.  Just words on a page.

This style of journalling/writing is WAY out of my comfort zone.  For the most part I am a 'paint by numbers' kind of girl.  I like my writing (as I like most things) to have a beginning, middle and end.  I like it all to be grammatically correct and interesting.  There must be a topic to follow and it has to make sense to my readers.

With random journalling what I end up with is a hodge podge of words and sentences.  Not at all my style.  But OH SO FREEING!!!

Freeing because I am taking what is going on inside of my head and I'm putting it down on paper.  It's therapeutic to bring what swirls around in our brains into our physical reality by giving it color and presence.  You can physically hold all of those random, crazy, sometimes scary, occasionally down right arrogant thoughts in your hands!  Then you can rip it up, burn it, squish it into a ball and toss it! 

Ahhhhh.......Release.....Freedom.......Luxurious empty headedness......

Writing and expressing for the heck of it.  Without a purpose in mind.  Complete abandon.

Give it a try.  Let go of your expectations.  Let go of your beliefs of what writing and journalling 'should' be and just trust in the process of allowing what is coming into your mind to spill out onto the paper.  Release the need to analyze, judge, fix or criticize.

Just let the words do the talking.  They'll explain everything ;)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)