Wednesday, April 25, 2012

OMG!

The Oprah Winfrey Network (Canada) just called.

Holy Shit!

They were looking for everyday people to share their 'stories' for a new documentary TV series.

So I sent in an extremely brief, point form list of things I could share with regards to my 'story'. 

Mostly to satisfy the glaring eyes and death threats of my good friend Melissa who wants to see me succeed more than I do sometimes!

I'm more than aware that everyone has a story.  I don't see my past as anything more than a means to get me from there to here.  It's certainly showed me what I'm made of (and not made of).  It's just not something I cling to and it's really no big deal.

I liken sending in my 'story' and being selected for an on camera interview to those people who stand on the stage of American Idol because their friends tell them they can sing.  Ultimately they end up humiliated and degraded. 

So sharing my story with a major television network is a bit unnerving.  What if I can't sing?

Anyway, it's there and despite my efforts to keep it 'no big deal' they've called and they are excited about meeting me.

BREATHE.....

1 comment:

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)