Friday, December 16, 2011

It's A Wonderful Life....

Today has been one of those days when everywhere I look I see abundance.

Funny because yesterday (and the days before that) was one of those days where I was seeing anything BUT abundance.

I was lucky enough tthis morning to get a Shiatsu treatment from my good friend Erin.  She helped my body release some pent up tension, anxiety and emotion.  I've been way too hard on myself lately and my body was taking the brunt of it.

Then I was fortunate enough to be helped by the most generous gentleman over the phone as I tried to find a Christmas gift for my Mum in law.  He made heads and tails of what I was trying to find and promised me he'd put something special together for her. 

Not long after I hung up the phone from that call the door bell rang and there stood my neighbour with a plate filled with the most delicious looking baked goods!  I almost cried as I hugged her tight and thanked her for her generosity (plus, I've had the biggest craving for sweets lately)!  This is the same neighbour that gave my son (their paper boy) 2 Detroit Red Wing tickets for a Christmas gift!

Benjamin and I walked Sundae to the post office and back today.  On the way home he ran ahead with her so she could get some energy out and watching the two of them run off filled me up with something I hadn't felt in a long time.

It felt like hope.

I don't know about you, but I think that feeling is just what this time of year should be about.

It isn't that this day is any different than any other day really.  I didn't wake up in a spectacular mood, I didn't eat anything different for breakfast.  It's just that today I opened my eyes to the beauty and blessings that life has to offer. 

Those blessings are forever flowing, today is proof of that.

I posted on facebook the other day that if you are stuck in one moment, if you feel you aren't good enough in one moment, just hang in there until the next moment comes along.  The next moment is the moment that will rock your world and blow your mind.

And today, it most certainly did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)