Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My cape is in the laundry....

Today is one of those days...

You know the kind where the to-do list is longer than your arm, you don't know where to start and you wish you could just tear that damned list up and forget it even existed.

After putting my list together this morning, the thought crossed my mind that I was insane (this is not the first time that thought has crossed my mind btw).

The President of the USA probably doesn't have a list as long as mine!  Even the most successful people in the world take time for breakfast.  Why do I feel I can't?  The Pope, with all he has on his hands takes time for tea, prayer and reflection each day.  What makes me think I can or should get all of this done in one day?!?!

Where is it written in the Mom manual that I must beat myself up for being human and needing sleep?  Oh yah right, there isn't a Mom manual!

But those silly voices in my head keep telling me I'll be nothing, worthless, a big old nobody if I don't do the things I need to do on that list, if I don't take immediate action I won't get anywhere in life.

So I did what any other self respecting woman would do.

I told the voices that the dog ate my list.  Then I took a nap.

Besides.  I can't save the world today. 

My cape is in the laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)