Thursday, August 4, 2011

Jumping off the grid!

In just 2 more sleeps I will be on my way to the great North to spend 2 relaxing weeks living in my pyjamas and reading the tower of books I have selected to keep me company during that time.

Deep breath.

I can hardly wait.

Just thinking about the sun reflecting off the lake and the sound of the tree leaves rustling in the breeze is making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

This year's trip to the cottage, marks another first in our life.  It's the first time we'll be bringing my son's girlfriend with us.

It's really the only way we can get his 17 year old butt up there.  And seeing as we are really hoping that he is working full time next summer, this may be the last time he gets a vacation with us for a little while.

Heading to the cottage means jumping off the technological grid.  No hydro, no phone service, no people (well except the ones that you bring with you).  Just me and the family enjoying the sun, the fishing, the game nights and of course the homemade popcorn and hobo pies!

If I could snap my fingers and magically make it Saturday I would! 

This vacation is well deserved and I plan to milk every last moment out of it and come back to you all refreshed and ready to take on the world (again)!

Don't miss me too much!  2 weeks isn't THAT long :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)