Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A true reflection

Just for once it would be nice to be on the same page with my hubby.

We never seem to be in the same space at the same time. Emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually we are always on opposite ends of the spectrum.

When I am up he is down. When I am down he is up.

It is sometimes frustrating.

And then other times I realize that he is a reflection of myself and my behaviour and I realize why it is that we have created this "opposite's" thing we have going. To remind us of who we are and what we are capable of. To remind us of what it is we still need to work on to be successful spiritual beings.

We have these people in our lives, whether they are close friends, spouses or co-workers there is someone in our day that reflects to us what we are ourselves.

I would even go so far as to say that everyone you encounter in your day is a reflection of who you are, however you are more apt to notice those that are close to you and with whom you interact with on a consistent basis.

Next time you are annoyed with your significant others behaviour, habits and other eccentricities, take a moment to reflect on your behaviour and see if you can't connect the dots. Most times it is at the front of your mind and easily accessible.

Steer clear of the shame and guilt that may come with the realization that you to have flaws, and focus only on the gift that is that subtle reminder.

And be sure that when we focus on those things we need to adjust, the world around us, the people, places and things we encounter each day begin to adjust as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)