Saturday, September 26, 2009

Get out of the way!

There have been so many times in my journey where it seemed as though things were moving in slow motion.  Like I was tethered to a large boulder and wasn't able to break free.  No matter what I do or try to accomplish nothing seems to happen.

These feelings make life seem less than enjoyable.  The struggle to move forward every day in our business, relationships, parental duties, etc. can seem endless. 

Often times when I feel this way, I take a moment to sit down and breathe or I call a trusted friend and bounce the situation off of them and happily receive their feedback.  Nine times out of ten the answer comes to me mid-sentence though.

The answer is often "Get out of your own way!"

The problem with feeling stuck is that often we focus on the outside sources that could be creating this position for us, however that is not always the case.  The truth is that 99% of the time we are standing in the way of accomplishing our goals and dreams.

We place limitations on what we can accomplish, when in truth there are no limitations at all. 

That's what I think is so great about life coaching.  A competent life coach can help you answer the tough questions and find out where the self sabotage is coming from.  Essentially, they help you get out of your own way.

As a rule we don't stop what we are doing and ask ourselves "I'm not happy with this situation.  How do I want it to look?"  It just doesn't happen, we get caught up in the emotion and run with it.

However, when you begin to work with a life coach you begin to see your life as full of opportunity instead of full of challenges.  You begin to stop yourself in the middle of a situation and ask "how do I want this to look".


This simple question gives you a broader perspective on what is going on and how we can go about turning it around for our benefit.

Many life coaches offer an initial 1 hour consultation free of charge.  I am one of them.  This allows everyone to access the services of a coach and see for themselves the benefit in their own life.

There is a quote that says "If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting.  If you want something you've never had, do something you've never done!"

This is excellent advice.

If you're not satisfied with your life in this moment, maybe it's time to do something you've never done and gain something you've never had!

Jenn Merritt
State of Being
http://www.stateofbeing.ca/
info@stateofbeing.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving your respectful comments :)